nice to meet you

Image

I grew up in an area where farmers markets, making your own soap, and yoga were the norm, but my personal journey into wellness began in high school where I struggled with Eczema. I was prescribed steroid cream and given a list of brands that were "safe" to use on my skin. I did not know then what I do now, that those creams I was putting all over my body were filled with toxic chemicals.

It was not until after I graduated college, and started my career in finance, that I became more invested in my overall health and wellness. I began researching (and near obsessing!) about safer alternatives to skincare, baby care and household products. Eventually my friends and friends of friends were e-mailing me asking for advice about non-toxic beauty and home alternatives and that's when Social Dearest was born in 2016.

The goal of my blog is to help busy women, especially moms, feel more confident and educated about what they're exposing themselves and their families to. We care so much about what we're eating, why aren't we paying more attention to what our skin (which is the largest organ in our bodies!) is exposed to?

I live my life with the 80/20 rule in mind. 80% of the time my family is using household items, skincare products and foods that are healthy, organic, and non toxic. The other 20% of the time I’m a work in progress. I wish I could live a zero waste lifestyle, but if motherhood has taught me anything, it's that a glass of champagne at the end of the day is sometimes needed and sometimes dark chocolate tastes best at breakfast.

I enjoy discovering and sharing an easy and beautiful way to achieve a healthy body and home and I hope my readers do as well!

Disclaimer: Social Dearest is part of an affiliate network and by clicking on affiliate links will receive a small commission if you buy the product.